How it works
Let’s get to know each other – tell me about your business and what you’re hoping to achieve with your website.
We will discuss topics such as:
- the type of site - a web site, online shop, and whether you want a blog;
- your deadline;
- ideas for the style of your site including:
- style and positioning of menus/navigation on various screen sizes;
- positioning of the logo/company name;
- inclusion of elements such as an image gallery and/or slideshow;
- elements such as an interactive Google map;
- information to be included in the header and footer;
- your domain name (which I can organise on your behalf);
- web hosting (which I can organise on your behalf);
- the details of your Google+ account - if you don't already have one, I can create one for you;
- your presence on social media.
At this stage, you can give me your copy and images.
Based on our discussions, I’ll give you a written proposal.
The proposal will cover:
- the timeframe;
- the total cost;
- a description of the type of site;
- what pages will be created;
- for shopping sites, how many products and images I’ll upload;
- a description of image presentation, e.g., a gallery or slideshow;
- how many images will be optimised for the site.
You read, sign, and return the proposal with any necessary modifications. You pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total cost.
You’ll receive links to your live mock-up site. Here you can see the placement of elements (for example, how the menus and navigation will look on different screen sizes).
- We start with sketches of the layout. Features such as colours and fonts are unimportant at this stage. We simply decide where things are going to go on the various size screens (desktop, tablet, and ‘phone).
- Once you’ve approved a sketch, I create the initial site, consisting of the home page and one other page (if they have different layouts – if not, then it will just be the home page).
- At this stage, I can still make any changes you want, including layout.
Now we can discuss any changes you’d like to make to the layout, fonts, and colours of your site.
- We look at the site on various screen sizes and you can decide whether to change the layout.
- Colours and fonts can be modified.
You’ll receive an updated link where you can view the changes.
- You provide me with written approval of the updated site
- You make a non-refundable payment of 50% of the total cost
- You or I register the domain name
- You or I organise web hosting
- At this stage, you can choose to change colours and fonts, but changing the layout will incur an extra cost
You have a website!
Training & Support
Once your site is live, you will receive documentation for your site. You will have access to free email and telephone support.
- You’ll receive documentation written specifically for your site
- It will include:
- address of your site and admin area;
- your login details;
- information on how to edit text and images;
- how to add and remove users;
- instructions on how to backup and restore your site.
- You will have twenty free support emails.
- You will have ten free support telephone calls.